In Forex trading, developing a Forex trend system is simply a matter of working on patterns found in exchange rates and buying, selling and / or holding the currency.
The great thing about Forex trends is that they are easily spotted if you know what to look for. If you see a particular coin going up in a certain period of time, it is an uptrend. However, it also works the other way around and you can see a downtrend. Paying close attention to these up and down price movements or a period of time will help you determine your Forex trending system.
Many traders will use different systems depending on their circumstances and even their personal nature. Some will constantly buy and sell looking for the quick profits of the day. Others will methodically trade on the uptrends and start selling during the downtrends. Whatever approach you take, your trending system is how you get the most out of your profit.
Many traders use a simple process to look at a specific period of time and study parts of it. Is the currency increasing? Are you on a downtrend? Is there a breakout that’s also on the rise?
You will also find that traders will constantly work with the trends and have developed a Forex trend system in which they constantly find the start of the trend and place a stop gap so that they cannot go below the start of the trend. However, if you watch the price movement or have Forex robot software monitoring you, you can sell before the trend starts to go down.
Regardless of your current Forex trending system, you are basically looking for Forex calendars to see what might happen in the future. Whether you are selling fast or long, knowing where you started and where to set your limits will make all the difference in your Forex trading profit.
Waiting for trends
Forex traders have a big decision to make. When they spot a trend, do they wait for the pattern to happen or do they buy now? Depending on where you start, your trade will make a huge difference in the amount of money you earn from the trade. Sometimes the trend can develop quickly or it takes time for buyers and sellers to figure out what to do.
Plan and decide carefully which Forex trading system you choose to work with. Below, I will be discussing on how to spot and trade a Forex reversal pattern
How to spot and trade a reversal pattern
By observing the price action of the currency, traders are aware of reversal signals, would allow them to catch large price movements in only one direction. Highs and lows can be identified using various methods and by analyzing Forex trading charts before a trader takes a swing position and takes advantage of all the price movement. There are three main methods of identifying reversals in forex:
How to spot a reversal
The first way is to take a look at the chart patterns. These formations have been observed to result in price reversals, especially if the confirmation signs are given. An example of a chart pattern that suggests a reversal is the double bottom.
This pattern forms during a downtrend and signals an upcoming uptrend if the neckline is broken. Rather, a double top forms during an uptrend and signals a possible downtrend if the neckline is also broken. Another example of a chart pattern indicating a reversal is the head and shoulders.
The regular head and shoulders pattern forms during an uptrend, while the reverse head and shoulders pattern forms during a downtrend.
The second way to identify reversals is to take a look at the candlestick patterns, particularly for longer-term time frames. The doji is an excellent signal of a reversal as it reflects a tug of war between buyers and sellers.
This is formed when the candle closes at its opening price. Another candlestick pattern that indicates a reversal is the spinning top, which has long wicks and a small body.
A hammer is also considered a reversal signal when it forms at the bottom of a downtrend, while the hanging man is considered a reversal signal when it forms at the top of an uptrend.
Lastly, technical chart indicators are also helpful in identifying reversals. Both moment indicators or oscillators can be used, although it could lead to better results when used together. For example, the stochastic in the oversold region shows that the selling pressure is exhausted and an uptrend could occur.
The stochastic in the overbought region shows that the buying pressure is exaggerated and that a sell-off could occur.
Additionally, the combination of the three ways of detecting changes can help improve the chances of detecting an actual change, especially when the technical setup is properly aligned.
Combining these three types of reversal detection methods can help increase your chances of hitting it, especially when the parameters are correct.
- In Forex, all trend reversal patterns serve the sole purpose – that is, they should indicate when to close a trade in the old trend and open a trade in the opposite direction.
- In essence, all trend reversal numbers are the same – the classics of technical analysis have ignored this fact.
- Looking through the charts of retreat in books by Murphy, Schwager, Neiman and other Forex classics, one can come to a conclusion. In other words, analysts do not understand the essence of the trend reversal or their charts are intentionally drawn in such a way that the reader cannot understand the core of the trend reversal (trend).
- The inversion patterns can be conditionally divided into the following groups
– Very intensive (heavy) signals – the numbers “head and shoulders”, “tip”, “diamond”.
– Just intensive signals – the “triple / double up / down”.
– The inversion figure has some common characteristics – this is the internal nature of inversion.
– The difference between reversal figures is the form of reversal.
– Every reversal begins in small-scale time frames. According to Masterforex-V Trading System, there is a certain binary regularity, characterized by very clear criteria.
- Movement in small scale time frames can turn into reversal in larger scale time frame. Otherwise, a simple correction may occur, after which a new wave of the same trend begins.